Thursday, April 29, 2010

Mother's Day Project

This afternoon, the kids and I are going to start making Mother's Day present. I will not be making mine. I will leave that up to B next week. However, we will start making a total of 5 presents. I wanted to go ahead and post the how to make a homemade paper-mache paste. I got this out of the book "Handmade Home" by Amanda Blake Soule on page 45.

This is what she wrote:
Crafty Tip
Making you own paper-mache paste is economical, easy, and fun. Simply combine 1/2 cup of flour, 2 1/2 cups of water, and a tablespoon of salt in a saucepan. Cook the mixture on medium heat, stirring often, until it forms a gluelike paste (about five minutes). Add one drop of clove oil to prevent the glue from turning molding. Let mixture cool. Stir before using. Unused paste can be stored in a glass jar to be used within seven days.

I will post pictures and explain more of what we did after Mother's Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment