Friday, April 30, 2010

Homemade Home By Amanda Blake Soule

I have already blogged about this book before but there are little tips with different sewing projects. I believe that these tips can be easily found on the internet.

All-Purpose Spray
She gives a recipe for about a half gallon mixture but I make small batches in use in a 24 oz spray bottle.
Here is my recipe
2 cups water
1 tablespoon vinegar
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
Then I add 20 drops of lavender oil for a lovely scent

Decoupage Glue
Equal parts of white glue and water. Add more glue or water as needed to create a smooth, paintlike consistency.

Recycling
need to know where to recycle something go to Earth911.com

Ironing Starch
1 Tablespoon cornstarch
1 pint of water
1/2 teaspoon vinegar
Dissolve the cornstarch in water. Put the solution inside a spray bottle and shake it throughly before using.

4 comments:

  1. My grandmother used to make her own starch for ironing (a throwback to when she had no choice to buy it) and just put it in a mixing bowl and sprinkled it with her fingers. I learned to iron from her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hardly ever iron but when I do I will be using this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. awesome, thanks for sharing, I'm trying to get into making more things at home, ecofriendly, and the recycling link will definitely come in handy :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not a problem. I know for me it is hard to find locations of recycling because we live so far out.

    ReplyDelete