Sunday, March 7, 2010

Butter...

I know what you are thinking because I was thinking the same thing but I thought I would try this one out. I LOVE IT!!!! It is really simple to make. Get 16 oz of heavy cream but I bought heavy whipping cream, they maybe the same thing but I do not know. Then poured into a blender, pressed whipped button (if you have one, my blender is really old), and walked away for 10 minutes. If you have liquid then you will need to press the liquid out from the butter but I did not have any. I put in a seal container and refrigerated. You can also use a food processor instead of a blender. If you need salted butter just add 1/4 teaspoon of salt, then blend. It turns out whipped, light, and beautiful. I thought I would use this if I have company over that need to impressed. I used it this morning for cookies. The cookies were the lightest cookies I have ever made. You can add seasonings to it if you would like such as honey, cinnamon and sugar, garlic, Italian seasonings, the ideas are endless.

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Homemade-Butter-2/Detail.aspx

5 comments:

  1. LOVE IT!!! All of your hints seem fabulous, money saving and not too hard. Can't wait to make my own butter and dish washing detergent. Keep it comin'!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did have some liquid in the butter this morning but I think I need to go to Hammers and see if they have a butter press cause you know they have EVERYTHING!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you want to save energy and get the kids involved, you can put the cream in a milk jar and let them take turns shaking it until it turns to butter before their eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is a Hammers somewhere nearby?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry, it is the Hammers in Winchester. NurseKT's husband is going to school at Swanee. I thought about putting it in a jar but I think JC would get bored quick (short attention span) and Jackson is to young. I am trying to figure out how to squeeze the liquid out. I tried cheesecloth and it did not work, the butter and all came out. I will try again.

    ReplyDelete