Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Consignment Shops

Twice a year, I go through the kids clothes. The ones that are really stained, I either try to figure out a way to use them or throw them away (usually a handful of items). The one that are either a little to worn or a tiny stain, I put in a bag to give to a friend who passes them along to others. The rest I take to a nice consignment store who go through and get the items they want. The leftovers go to a the friend mention before. I get either 40 or 50 percent of the sale. They hang and price the item. I then have an account which builds as my items sell. I then buy items that my kids need to keep them clothed. The last two Christmases, I have bought all of my nieces and nephews presents.

If you have not tried to consign clothes, I strongly encourage you to. You are selling items you no longer need and if you purchase from a consignment shop, you are saving yourself money and helping the environment by reusing clothes.

*** Today I bought... for Jackson two pairs of jellybean shorts for 3.50 each, a pair of adjustable Gap shorts for 4.50, a pair of The Children Place Linen pants for 5.00, and a pair of real Crocs for 4.50... for JC a pair of Jellybean capris for 5.00 and a pair of adjustable Old Navy shorts for 5.50... a book for 1.25 and a Diego Backpack with other things for 5.00...I think I luck out because I only paid 1.80 out of pocket for all...

No comments:

Post a Comment