Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Things Tracy Kittrell Fontenot learned from her Grandfather

I dont know where he came up with these ideas but a couple that my grandaddy taught me were ... Using salt to clean dog food and water bowls. The salt wouldn't hurt them and it rinses clean and acts as an abrasive. For baby bottles that have dried up milk, put some rice in the bottle and add a little water. Shake until it breaks it up and rinse well. This also works for vases that have the dried up plant pieces in it or the tea pitchers they make with the little pour spout. I always get the residue around the handle part and the rice tricks works every time.

Thanks Tracy for sharing

1 comment:

  1. Now that you have saved us money on "essentials," here is a tip to save money on pampering yourself and/or others. I used this for teacher gifts this year and then made another batch of vanilla for home :-)
    http://beauty.about.com/cs/bathsaltrecipes/a/christmassalt.htm

    ReplyDelete